This Bunny Paper Plate Lacing Craft is especially fun for younger kids. It’s a great activity to make for Easter and for older siblings to help with and join in on the fun.
All you need to make this little bunny is paper plates and a few supplies that you probably have laying around the house, which makes this craft not only fun but affordable too.
This lacing craft activity will help to improve your child’s hand-eye coordination skills while he enjoys learning to lace and putting together his own super cute paper plate bunny!
RELATED: Easter Bunny Fuse Bead Craft
For more fun Easter ideas for kids, follow my Pinterest board: Easter Fun for Kids
Bunny Paper Plate Lacing Craft
Supplies needed to make this bunny craft
- Yarns: pink and light pink
- Paper plate
- Hole punch
- Markers: pink and black
- Glue stick
Instructions to make this bunny lacing craft
- Cut down the sides of the plate to create two bunny ears and round out the bottom. I used the round center circle as a guide for the edge of the ears as well as the rounded bottom.
- Take the two ends and glue them to the top of the plate to create ears. Round out the tops of the ears or leave them pointy.
- Fold the plate in half and draw a half heart on the fold.
- Keeping the plate folded, hole punch around the half heart, around the ears and three holes at the side of the head for whiskers.
- Now let’s lace! Use a small piece of tape at the end of the yarn to prevent it from fraying. Lace around the boarder of the ears, then between them creating any pattern you’d like.
- Repeat the same process for the heart nose. Tie the loose ends on the back of the plate.
- Use light pink yarn and lace from one hole on the side of the nose to the holes on the edge to create whiskers.
- Glue on some large google eyes and draw some eye lashes and a smile.
- The laced bunny is ready to display!