These Cracked Easter Egg Cupcakes are too perfect to ignore! Everyone will love how fun they look and how sweet they taste!
Finding a good cupcake to celebrate Easter doesn’t have to be hard. This recipe will give you step by step instructions on how you can make these Cracked Easter Egg Cupcakes with ease! Trust me, they’re going to be a total hit!
For more treat ideas for kids, follow my Pinterest board: Fun Treats for Kids
Cracked Easter Egg Cupcakes
Ingredients needed to make your cupcakes
- 6 Prepared Cupcakes
- 1 Cup Wilton’s White Chocolate Melting Discs
- ½ Cup Each of Wilton’s Pink, Purple, Green, Blue, Yellow, Orange Chocolate Melting Discs.
- White Frosting
- Jelly Beans
- Green Sugar
- Green Food Coloring
- Silicone Easter Egg Mold
Putting Together Your Easter Egg Cupcakes
- Melt each color of chocolate (except the white) in small bowls in your microwave according to package directions. You can also use a candy melting pot to melt your chocolate.
- Place each color of chocolate in a snack size baggie and snip the corner off just a tiny bit. Pipe any colors you would like on the dots and zig-zag parts of the Easter egg mold. Let dry completely.
- In a medium bowl, melt the white chocolate melting discs according to package directions. Pour about 2-3 tablespoons of chocolate into the mold and spread with a spoon to cover the egg. You do not want a solid egg, so make sure to spread it somewhat thin but not too thin. Let dry completely then carefully pop out of the mold.
- Color the frosting with 3-4 drops of the green food coloring. Frost each cupcake with a knife or piping bag. Sprinkle the frosting with green sugar.
- Take one egg and carefully cut it in half. The easy way is to lay it decorative side down and place the sharp end of a knife directly in the middle of the egg and push down. The egg should just break in half on its own. Leave some whole if you choose.
- Place the two halves on top of the cupcake and fill the middle with jelly beans. If you left a few whole, then stand those on top of each cupcake.
Enjoy your cute little cracked Easter Eggs with candy!