The kids and I were decorating for Halloween the other day and I got in the mood to make some Halloween candy bar wrappers. I need to do all the “Halloweeny” fun stuff I can before Halloween passes me by. Halloween just happens to be my favorite holiday, with Christmas coming in at a close second.
I really love making candy wrappers so I sat down to make something cute and sweet to share with you guys. This is a set of 4 wrappers with an adorable little bat wishing the recipient a “Happy Halloween”. You can see all the fun colors in the image above.
On the back of the wrapper, there’s a “scary” nutrition facts label. Ooooh!
These are perfect to give out to classmates & friends!
Look out for the Happy Halloween ghost wrappers that I made to compliment these. I will link them to the bottom of this post, in case you want to grab them, once I get them up. Here’s a little sneak peek at what they look like…
Super cute, right?!
These Halloween candy wrappers are for Hershey’s chocolate bars, size: 1.55 oz (43 g). That’s the regular size candy bar.
To grab this freebie, simply click on the download button below. Save the high resolution PDF files (2 of them) to your computer. So that you don’t misplace them, I suggest saving to your desktop or to your downloads folder.
Printing Tip: If you want to know what the best kind of paper to use for your candy bar wrappers is, I recommend using the Hammermill 32-lb premium color copy paper. You can use this paper with both inkjet and laser printers.
Also, find Hammermill paper products in-store at Walmart and Staples. If you can’t find the color copy paper, Hammermill 32-lb presentation paper or glossy paper will work just as good. Just make sure that the paper works with the kind of printer you own.
How to wrap your chocolate bars:
- 32-lb Paper (as mentioned above)
- Or Paper Trimmer (preferred)
- Double-sided tape or Crafter’s tape
- 1.55 oz Hershey’s Chocolate Bars (of course!)
- AND if you don’t have one, a color printer. If you’re in need of a good printer, the Epson XP-7100 Expression Premium Wireless Photo Printer is great!
- Print your candy wrappers (there are 2 on each page).
- Grab your scissors or trimmer and cut the wrappers out.
- Place the center of the wrapper on the front center of the candy bar and find the perfect position.
- Add a strip of tape to the center of the candy bar and stick the center of the wrapper on the candy bar
- Flip your candy bar (with attached wrapper) over, then fold the top and bottom flaps of the wrapper over the back of the candy bar, and press to create your folds.
- Open the flaps back up to add tape to the edge of the bottom flap, and fold over again.
- Then add tape to the edge of the top flap, fold and pull over, tightly. We want the wrapper to fit nice and snug.
That’s it! It sounds way more difficult than it is, trust me. If you’re having a party (and you’re not anal, like me), you can have your kids help you wrap.
I hope you enjoy the wrappers. And hey! Before you go, leave me a comment to let me know you grabbed them. Comments will certainly motivate me to make more freebies (wink, wink).
Have a Safe & Happy Halloween!
All designs are property of Fun For Little Ones and are for your personal use only. May not be sold or redistributed.
Bloggers: You may share a link to this post but you may NOT link directly to the printable file.