These adorable Mustache Cupcakes are too cute to ignore. Excuse me, I “mustache” you a question… Are you hungry for these cupcakes?
If you’re looking for unique cupcakes for boys, these are it! Think baby shower, your son’s birthday party, or even Father’s day.
These are the perfect cupcakes to make for dad, for sure! Get the kids in the kitchen and get their little hands dirty for a delicious homemade gift.
And honestly, these cupcakes couldn’t be any more simple to make! So let’s get to it…
RELATED: Edible Brownie Dough
For more cool Father’s Day ideas, follow my Pinterest board: Fun Ideas for Father’s Day
Can’t make these right now? Pin this post for later ?
Ingredients needed to make your cupcakes
- 12 of your favorite vanilla cupcakes (we baked ours in gold cupcake liners. Makes them look a little fancy.)
- 4-6 oz. black fondant
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk
Putting Together Your Mustache Cupcakes
- Before decorating, ensure your cupcakes are cool to the touch. This will ensure that everything stays put.
- To make one fondant mustache: roll out two spheres out of your black fondant. They should be about ½ an inch in size each.
- Roll out each sphere into cylinders, about 1 inch in width.
- Slightly flatten out each fondant cylinder and pinch one end, giving it a point.
- Curl up the point slightly.
- Do it on your other cylinder, pointing the opposite side.
- Score some lines on each mustache side using a toothpick.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together butter, confectioners’ sugar, and milk. Start the speed on low and increase to high.
- Scoop the buttercream into a piping bag with Wilton tip #12 attached. Frost the center of each cupcake.
- Place one fondant mustache on each cupcake.
Serve & Enjoy!