Why should Jello Shots be just for grown-ups? Here’s a twist on an adult favorite, just for kids! At my house, we call this treat; Jello Slurpers. Not to be confused with the alcohol treat it models after.
These Jello Slurpers are SUPER easy to make and so yummy! The Trolli Trees candies add sour goodness to the sweet gelatin flavor, making these Trolli Trees Jello Slurpers both sweet and sour at the same time.
Trolli (Sour Brite) Trees are sour gummie candies shaped like Christmas trees, so they are only available during the holidays. Grab a box at stores like Walgreens or Walmart to make this fun Christmas treat with the kids.
You can also make these Jello Slurpers with other Trolli candies and even Sour Patch Kids but the Trolli Trees fit in perfectly with the Christmas season. Making it a better option during the holidays!
What You’ll Need
- Trolli Sour Brite Trees Candies
- (2) small boxes of Jell-O Gelatin – Lime & Cherry (those are the green and red colors) Each small box makes about 10 – 12 shot size cups.
- Or (2) Jolly Rancher Gelatin – Green Apple & Cherry or Tropical Punch
- 7up or Sprite Soda
- Clear plastic portion cups (shot size)
Let’s Make Jello Slurpers!
- Pour the gelatin into a bowl, add 1 cup of boiling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Prepare each color separately.
- Add 1 cup of cold 7up or Sprite (to give it some fizz – fun!)
- Pour into shot cups and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove from fridge and lightly place the Trolli Trees Candies in a standing position, onto the Gelatin, close to the edge. They will sink in just enough to stay propped up and look super cute!
- Serve & enjoy! My kids LOVE them!
I hope you enjoy this treat with your kids and have a ton of holiday fun! Fore more Christmas themed fun recipes and activities for kids, follow my Christmas Fun for Kids Pinterest Board. I pin to it frequently and love searching for awesome holiday stuff!
Don’t forget to share ?