Are you looking for something pink & sweet to serve at your child’s next party? These yummy watermelon cupcakes will not disappoint!
They’ll fit right in at your child’s slumber party or birthday party, and are the perfect treat for a Summer pool party. They’re so bright and fun, no kid will be able to resist getting his hands on these delicious cupcakes (no adult either)!
If you want to save these watermelon cupcakes for a special occasion, be sure to pin this post for later (just hover over the image above and click the red pin button when it pops up).
These yummy cupcakes are surprisingly EASY to make and take very little effort. If you’re ready to get started, let’s bake!
- Your favorite cupcake recipe or boxed mix. You can also use store bought cupcakes, if you prefer
- 2 to 3 cups vanilla frosting in bright pink (I used Pillsbury Funfetti Frosting)
- Mini chocolate chip morsels
You’ll Also Need:
- A piping bag
- A large open star tip (I used this Wilton 1M Open Star Piping Tip)
- Bright green cupcake liners
Make your cupcakes in just 5 easy steps…
How to Make Watermelon Cupcakes
- Make 12 cupcakes from your favorite recipe or boxed mix or take out your store bought cupcakes.
- Add frosting to a piping bag prepared with the open star tip.
- Pipe frosting over each cupcake in a circular direction working from the inside of the cupcake towards the outer circle and then back into the middle to create a pointed top.
- Decorate with mini chocolate chips.
5. Place your cupcakes in the green cupcake liners. The liners really make the cupcakes pop!
Now serve and enjoy!
Super easy, right? I think they turned out awesome! I hope you and your guests enjoy these delicious cupcakes!
For more great treats for your little one, follow my Pinterest board: Fun Treats for Kids. It’s full of fun and colorful treats for any occasion.
Another fun and easy recipe that you can try is this Edible Brownie Dough. It’s a whole lot of chocolatey goodness – with sprinkles! – that any kid would love!